Marwan Kamel Jommah is a Master of Law holder with an academic title as Assistant Lecturer, lecturing in Law and International Relation Departments, teaching in the College of Law at Knowledge University (KNU) in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. He Joined KNU in October 2019.
Law Lecturer, Knowledge University, Erbil, Iraq, (October 2019- Present)
Lawyer, Hadeel Alhasan Law Firm, Part-time (June 2019- October 2019)
Researcher and Writer-Steele Compliance Solutions, (October 2018- October 2019)
Protection Reporting Officer– Human Appeal Organization, (July 2018-September 2019)
Law Lecturer, Ishik University, Erbil, Iraq, (October 2013-February 2017)
1- Law Department; Business and Management Department; International Relations and Diplomacy Department; Preparatory School.
2- Head of the Final Project and the Exam Committee in the Faculty of law (2016-2017)
Lawyer representative in Iraq for Meyer Reumann Law firm in Dubai (January 2014-June 2016)
Lawyer representative in Iraq for Bait Alhekmah Law firm in Abu Dhabi (June 2016-January 2017)
Teaching and Research Assistant, Michigan State University, USA (May 2013-July 201)
1- Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant for Media Law Class (Summer 2013)
2- MSU Law Library Assistant and Computer Lab Assistant
● Freedom of Information and the right to obtain information
● The legal perspective of the Genetically modified organism
● Communication law and the recent laws related (CMC)
● Restraints on Media and freedom of expression
1- Ecology and Environment Conference. Iraq / 2014
2- Ishik University Conference 2014
3- The 18th law and Social Science conference in Miami 2016
4- The First International Law Conference. Ishik University. Erbil / Iraq 2016
1. The Prior Restraints on Iraqi Media. Book Published by Lambert Academic Publishing. 2016.
• The implementation of contract law in supply chain management to determine the competitive performance among Iraq manufacturing firms. IJFGCN Journal. 2019
• The Iraqi Intellectual Property Law, and does it against the farmers? Presented and published in the Ecology and Environment Conference. Iraq / 2014
• The influence of Ishik university preparatory school on the Business students. Presented and published at a conference. Ishik University Conference 2014
• legal Curricula development in Law college/law faculties and the European Union. Online Conference. 2015
• Social Justice: The Essence of Sustainable Human Development, The Promotion of Sustained Social Justice According to Iraqi Law. Paper published and presented in the 18th law and Social Science in Miami 2016.
• The Role of Order 65 in Establishing the Communication and Media Commission. Paper presented at the First International Law Conference. Ishik University. Erbil / Iraq 2016
• Academic Writing
• Execution law
• Labor law
• Constitutional law
• Media law
• Academic Legal
• Criminal Procedures
• GBV Information Management System Training (UNHCR) 14-18 April 2019, Erbil-Iraq.
• IM Capacity Building ‘Data Collection, Integration, and visualization’ (IMMAP) Erbil-Iraq, 9-11 October 2018.
• Proposal and Report Writing Course (RedR UK) Erbil-Iraq 28th-30th Aug 2018>
• The Best Presentation Award ‘18th law and Social Science Conference in Miami 2016.
• LLM Distinguished Student of the Year (2013).
• Jurisprudence Achievement Award for the Media Law Class (May 2012).
• Commercial Arbitration Competition Award (American University Washington College of Law) Washington D.C. (March 2013).
• Award in the Intellectual Property workshop (Lawrence Technological University 2012).
• Won first place in a Negotiation Workshop / Michigan State University (Spring 2012).
• Diversity Consortium Award (Michigan State University / College of Law) 2012.