Dr. Safaa Mustafa Hameed has a B.Sc. in Physics Sciences from the Department of physics, College of Education, Al- Mustanseriyah University, Iraq. He obtained his MS.C in Physics (Material Science), Department of physics, College of Education, Al- Mustanseriyah University, Iraq, and currently a Ph.D. holder in Physics Sciences, Department of physics, College of Education, Al- Mustanseriyah University, Iraq with an academic title as Assistant Professor lecturing in Petroleum Engineering (DPET), teaching in the College of Engineering (CENG) at Knowledge University (KNU) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq since 2009.
2004 – 2006
• Head of computer/mathematics department, Taiz University, college of science& education, Yemen.
• Member of college of science &education board. Taiz University, Yemen.
2006 - 2009
• Head of department of physics /mathematics, college of education, Thamar University, Yemen.
• Head of Examination Committee, college of education, Thamar university, Yemen.
• Member of college of education board.
• Member of Yemen president competition for sciences.
2009 – till now
• Director of university quality assurance and accreditation, Knowledge university, Erbil, Iraq.
• Official Responsible of Knowledge University recognition at the Ministry of higher education – Baghdad.
• Member of ministerial quality assurance committee.
• Vice president of central examination committee.
• Member of board of trustees, Knowledge university, Erbil, Iraq.
• Member of the ministerial committee for examine the Royal British university students.
• Member of the university Academic Board (quality assurance director, teacher’s representative),
Knowledge university, Erbil.
• Head of physics brunch in Knowledge.
• Member of student’s registration committee- Knowledge University.
• Member of evaluating staff members in Knowledge University.
1. Theoretical Physics – Optics
2. Nano Physics
3. Noise pollution
I interest in publishing papers in theoretical physics, the Optical systems operating with coherent light and incoherent light to study the effects of different types of aberrations and the entrance pupil on the intensity of the formed image.
Also I published paper in nano- physics field studying the optical properties of the components and the materials. In the field of medical physics, I published papers about the ionizing radiations and the effects on patients and the workers in Erbil city.
Another field of research I worked in is the noise pollution effects in the factories, and another paper in progress is about noise pollution in Hospitals in Erbil city.
He has participated in many conferences
1- Evaluation of Ionizing Radiation Protection among Radiation Workers in the X-ray department.
2- Evaluate the effectiveness of the modulation function on spot size for the multifunction modulator.
3- A development formula to evaluate the bandwidth of an image for a digital camera.
4- Evaluation of Ionizing Radiation Protection awareness among patients for X-ray.
5- A development formula to evaluate the bandwidth of an image for a digital camera.
6- The Effect of Focus Error and Spherical Aberration On Sharp Edge Image Intensity.
7- Spectral Band Optical Analysis for Shape and Material of Terrestrial Imaging by Using Remote Sensing Technique.
8- Simulation of electronic structure and some properties of CdTe crystals using DFT.
• Optics (geometrical and physical).
• Medical physics for Pathological Analysis department.
• Laser physics.
• Sound and waves.
• Noise pollution.
• Modern physics.
• Electrical engineering.
• Mechanics, (Classic and Advanced).
• Image meteorology for computer system department (college of technical engineering).
• General physics for Environmental engineering department.
• General physics for Petroleum engineering department.
• General physics for Pathological Analysis department.
• Material science.
• Computer skills.
• Academic debate.
• Supervisor of graduation researches.
• Supervisor of Teaching Training.