Nahla Abdalhamid Abdaljabar is an Assistant Professor. she received her Ph.D. in chemistry (1986) from the University of Loughborough, UK. She was a teaching member of the Faculty of Education, Department of Chemistry at Sulaymaniah University (1979-1982), Salahaddin University (1983-1991) in the Kurdistan Region, and Tikrit University (1992-2012) in Iraq. She has been the head of the Department of Pharmaceuticals Chemistry (2005-2009) and Vice president for Scientific Affairs of the Faculty of Pharmacy (2010-2012), Tikrit University. In 2012 she joined the Medical laboratory Science department, College of Science, and currently the Dean of the college at Knowledge University (KNU) in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Her work experience includes serving as a teaching member at
1- The Faculty of Education, Department of Chemistry at Sulaymaniah University (1979-1982).
2- The Faculty of Education, Department of Chemistry at Salahaddin University (1983-1991).
3- The Faculty of Education, Department of Chemistry at Tikrit University (1992-2012).
She has been the head of the Department of Pharmaceuticals Chemistry (2005-2009) and Vice president for Scientific Affairs of the Faculty of Pharmacy (2010-2012), Tikrit University.
1- Interaction of organic molecules or molecular fragments with metallic elements and studying the interactions cause a deep alteration of the structure and chemical properties.
2- Synthesis of Organometallic molecules may display biological activity and find use as therapeutic drugs.
3- Chemical transformations in the process of drug discovery (medicinal chemistry) or to create molecules that bind to proteins.
She has participated in many conferences
1. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1984), Substituted phenylene- and biphenylene-mercurials. J. Organomet. Chem. 275,9.
2. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. ,(1984) ,Dodecafujoro - and dodecachloro-5,10-o-benzenostibanthrene. J. Organomet. Chem.276, 331.
3. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1985), The synthesis of perfluoro-1,6-disubstituted triptycenes containing group IV and group V elements.287, 57.
4. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1985), The synthesis of 2-chlorophenyl derivatives of group V.288, 145.
5. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1986),2,2” biphenylenemercury. Vol.3, Edited by J. J. Eisch and R.B. King., Academic Press.
6. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1986), 2-chlorophenyllithium.Vol.3, Edited by J. J. Eisch and R.B. King., Academic Press.
7. Al-Jabar, N. A. A.and Massey , A. G. , (1986), Dodecafluro -1,6- distibatriptycenes (Dodecafluro -510-0) benzeneostibanthrene, Sb2(C6F4)3. Vol.3, Edited by J. J. Eisch and R.B. King., Academic Press.
8. The synthesis of 1,6-distibatriptycene (5,10-o-benzenostibanthrene), Sb2(C6H4)3 . N. A. A. Al- Jabar, D. Bowen, and A. G. Massey, J. Organomet. Chem. 295, (1985) 29.
9. Humphries, R. E.Al- Jabar, N. A. A. Deacon, G. B. Bowen, D. and Massey, A. G.(1987), J. Transmetallation reactions involving phenylenemercurials. Organomet. Chem. 319, 59.
10. Massey, A.G. Al- Jabar, N.A.A. Humphries, R.E. and Deacon, G.B.(1986), Some reactions of phenylene-and polyphenylene-mercurials.J. Organomet. Chem. 316, 25.
11. Al-Jabar, N. A. A. Bowen-Jones, J.Brown, D. S., and Massey, A. G.(1986), Structure of an orthorhombic form of 2, 2'-biphenylenemercury.Acta Cryst. C42, 425-427.
12. Al-Jabar, N. A. A. Bowen Jones, J.Brown, D. S. Colligan, A .H. Massey, A. G.Miller, J. M.Nye, J. W . (1989), Spectral and X-ray studies on 1,6-disubstituted triptycenes. Applied Organometallic Chem. 3, 459.
13. Al- Jabar, N. A. A. and Fattah, F.A.(1990), Some reactions and molecular structure Of dodecafluro - 1,6 - diastratriptycenes As2(C6F4)3 ., JEC., 229.
14. Jisong, Ni, Miller, Jack M., and Al- Jabar, N. A. A.(1997), Reaction mechanism studies of group V Tris (2-chlorophenyle) and Tris (2-bromotetra fluorophenyl) Derivatives by mass spectroscopy. Canadian J. Analytical sciences and spectroscopy 42 153.
15. Al- Jabar, N. A. A.(2001)The synthesis of Tris (2-bromophenyl) derivatives of Group V elements. J. College of Educ. Tikrit 1.
16. Al- Jabar, N. A. A.(2001), The Synthesis of heterocyclic derivatives of Hg, Sa, and Se. J. College of Educ. Tikrit 3.
17. Wann, D. A.Hinchley, S. L. Robertson, H. E. Al- Jabar, N. A. A.Massey, A. G., and Rankin, D. W. H. (2006), Molecular structures of the 1,6-disubstituted triptycenes Sb2(C6F4)3 and Bi2(C6F4)3 using gas-phase electron diffraction and ab initio and DFT calculations. J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans.13, 1654.
18. Nahla A. A. Aljabar, Ahmed Abdulsattar,(2017), Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Some Metal Complexes of Azo Guanosine and Adenosine Derivatives. Eurasian Journal of Science & Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 1, September.
19. Dhary Alewy Al – Mashhadany, Nahla, A. A. Abad Aljabar, Ahmed Mohammad Zaki(2017), DETECTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESIDUES AMONG POULTRY MEAT IN ERBIL CITY AND IMPACT OF THERMAL PROCESSING ON REMNANTS.RJLBCS 4 (3), 237-247.
20. AL-JABAR, N.A.A.MASSEY, A.G(1986), C12H10+ 2n-BuLi+ TMEDA—2, 2'-Li2C12H8. TMEDA+ 2Buh 2, 2'-Li2C12H8. TMEDA+ HgCl2---(C12H8Hg) 3+ LiCl+ TMEDA.Organometallic Syntheses, 424.
21. AL-JABAR, N.A.A.MASSEY, A.G.(1986) Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University of Technology, Leics. UK.Organometallic Syntheses, 354.
1. General Chemistry
2. Organic chemistry
She has many awards