Shivan Mawlood Hussein joined the Knowledge University in November 2014. He is currently General Registrar and Lecturer at the department of English Language. He was awarded M.A in (Teaching English as a Second Language) from the University Technology Malaysia in 2013. His areas of teaching are Academic Writing, Reading and Writing Skills, Translation and Interpretation, Applied Linguistics, Conversation, General English, Commercial Correspondence, and Research Methods.
General Registrar – Knowledge University, Erbil, Iraq May 2020 – Present
Lecturer – Department of English Language Nov. 2014 – Present
Coordinator – Department of Accounting Sept. 2017–Sept. 2019
Head of the HR unit – Human Resource Unit Sept. 2016 – Aug. 2017
Member of QA – Quality Assurance Unit Jan. 2015 – Aug. 2016
Head of the examination committee 2017 - 2019
· Issues in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
· Improvement in English Language Teaching (ELT).
· Theories and issues in Second Language Acquisition (SLA).
· Blending Learning and E-learning with the development in technology.
· The 2nd International Conference on Social Transformation and Regional Development 2020 – Language.
· The 4th International Graduate Conference on Engineering Science & Humanity 2013 (IGCESH2013)
· Hussein, S. M., & Bostanci, H. B. (2020). The Correlation between Error Correction and Grammar Accuracy in Second Language Writing. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, 24(05).
· Hussein, S. M., Raouf, H. M. H. M., & Paulmony, R. The Effect of the Flipped Classroom on Learning Process: A Literature Review.
· Hussein, S. M. (2013). The Effect of Extensive Reading on Improving Learners' Vocabulary Knowledge in Terms of Size and Academic Words (Doctoral dissertation, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia).
· Robinson Paulmony & Hussein, S. M. (2019). Phonological and Grammatical Similarities between English and Kurdish Language: Why English Learning is Easier for Kurdish. Universal Journal of Educational Research. 7. 2705-2709. 10.13189/ujer.2019.071218.
· M.Raouf, Hunar & Paulmony, Robinson. (2019). The Extent of Compatibility between Accounting Education with the Requirements of the Labor Market. Restaurant Business. 118. 68-79. 10.26643/rb.v118i11.9935.
· Othman, B. J., Al-Kake, F., Diah, M. L. M., Othman, B., Hussein, S., & Hasan, N. M. (2019). Impact of the Foreign Direct Investment on the Economy of the United Kingdom. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, 23(02).
· Academic Writing
· Reading and Writing Skills
· Translation and Interpretation
· Applied Linguistics
· General English
· Commercial Correspondence
· Research Methods
· 2016 Authorized legal translator license
· 2014 The Chris Stevens Youth Network online course for educators for online collaboration and global project-based learning.